With a few minutes of work, it’s easy to watch YouTube videos on your iPod. Here’s how.
Firefox (Windows only)
- Add the Greasemonkey extension to your Firefox browser.
- Go to www.userscripts.org and install the Download YouTube Video script.
- The next time you watch YouTube, you’ll see a Download Video option beneath the screen. Click it to save the file to your desktop as QaQw9V4Upj4.flv or whatever.
- Install and launch the free Super video converter (www.erightsoft.com). Download is located here.
- Select Apple – iPod from the Output Container option, and then the output video codec H.264/AVC. Set size to 320 x 240. If you get an error message when converting, unclick the Use DirectShow button. Otherwise, drag the converted file into iTunes and it’s ready for viewing.